Counsellor- Marnie Cameron Registered MBACP
Many of us face times in our lives where things just seem too much. Emotional, spiritual and personal difficulties often mount up and we can be left feeling stuck and overwhelmed.
Counselling offers you a safe, non judgmental space where you can freely explore your inner thoughts and feelings in confidence.
Through being truly listened to you will begin to unravel your story, where you can start to gain a greater insight of your inner and outer worlds.
As a counsellor I believe you have the right…
To be heard.
To be valued and trusted that you are doing the best you can.
To have my undivided attention while I am with you.
I will acknowledge your pain and struggle; celebrating with you the fact that you are here, striving to be more at peace with yourself and the world.
Knowing that you are the expert in your own life and trusting that with patience, unconditional positive regard and empathy, you will remember this.
As well as being an experienced, qualified counsellor using skills and theory, I utilise many other techniques in a therapeutic context .
Rather than having a one shoe fits all approach I am very much about seeing what will work for YOU.
Together, we will build a coping framework to suit your individual needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified, practicing Counsellor since 2005
- Current private practice working 1-1 with adults and young people
- Director of a Well-Being Centre
- GP Counsellor
- Associate of a Private Practice working 1-1 with adult clients
- Child and Adolescent Counsellor
- Student Counsellor at Northumbria University Student Services
- 1-1 Voice Therapy and meditation group facilitator
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling
- HNC in Counselling skills and theory
- NCFE levels 1 & 2 in Counselling skills and theory
- Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Fully Registered Member of BACP
- Various workshops and short courses including Bereavement, Relationships, Addictions, Brief Therapy, Counselling Males, Domestic Abuse, Play Therapy and Sound Therapy.
- I am dedicated to enhancing my practice as a Counsellor by attending regular supervision, workshops and retreats around self development and specific therapeutic interventions.
- I am 47 years old, and a grandmother to two beautiful children. I feel rich in life experience, having experienced many turbulent and challenging times myself.
Informal introductory appointment is £25. Fees are based on income: £35-45
Contact. 07865 492 705